Following Emmanuel Macron’s televised address on Thursday evening, the mayor of Toulouse Jean-Luc Moudenc presented this Friday morning the measures taken to protect the people of Toulouse from the spread of the coronavirus.
To start this exceptional press conference, the mayor of Toulouse, Jean-Luc Moudenc, wished to recall this Friday that he approved the decision of the President of the Republic to maintain the municipal elections “insofar as the mayors have taken measures exceptional protection ”. After having listed the health precautions taken this Sunday at the polling stations (see box opposite), the mayor of Toulouse mentioned the measures taken in the public services.
– Regarding schools, as of Monday, the 1,794 places in municipal crèches and 991 in the CCAS will be closed. So are the 206 schools and their 35,000 students, who are asked to stay at home. The city of Toulouse wants to furnish digital tools, with which all schools are equipped, to ensure continuity of courses.
– The staff of the Town Hall and the Metropolis, the CCAS, those who are carers or spouses of carers must report to their hierarchy. The community will seek a form of care for their children because this nursing staff will be made available to the health authorities.
– Parents of pupils who are caregivers must report to their school in order to prevent possible childcare arrangements.
– The nursery assistants and the technical staff of the Town Hall will be redeployed as needed. The medical and paramedical staff of the crèches will be called upon to participate in the solidarity effort.
– Visits to nursing homes are prohibited.
– For seniors, the solidarity restaurants will remain open but people over 70 will not be able to access them. The activities of the senior clubs are canceled.
– For the homeless, they will continue to benefit from the activities of the Grand Ramier where they will be fed until May 31. The gymnasium open for the winter break remains open as well as the old Ehpad in the Faubourg Bonnefoy made available to isolated women.
– Regarding support for the economy, companies with public contracts with the Town Hall will not have penalties in the event of delay. The conditions for advances to companies awarded a public contract will be maintained and even extended. The collection of terrace fees, space and tourist taxes will be postponed.
– In the cultural field, the Isdat (Fine Arts), the conservatory and the School of Circus Arts will be closed. The concerts of 14, 21 and 22 at the Halle aux grains are canceled. Thereafter, the concerts could be split. For the moment, the museums remain open.
– In the area of public transport, the metro and tram remain open. From Monday, Tisseo will anticipate the hours of short holidays In terms of hygiene, cleaning will be reinforced in the metro, tram and bus. Voice messages will be played to remind you of the hygiene measures to adopt.
These measures will be subject to continuous reassessment based on the evolution of the pandemic.
Municipal instructions for use
For this first round of municipal elections, exceptional measures have been put in place.
– The polling stations will be exceptionally disinfected, in bleach, from Friday evening and Monday morning.
– Each voter can use, entering and leaving the polling station, antibacterial gel, provided in sufficient quantity.
– No human touch will take place during the vote. To sign the register, Toulousans are asked to come with their own pen, even if there are some on site, permanently disinfected.
– The presidents of polling stations will be equipped with gloves and will have to wash their hands every hour with soaps provided for this purpose.
– The opening of polling stations is maintained from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
In addition, with the coronavirus crisis, the town hall must face the start of a defection of assessors and must also replace the presidents of polling stations over the age of 70. For this, the pool of assessors will be called upon. In the event that this is not sufficient, agents of the community could be requisitioned “provided that they meet the conditions of the electoral code. ”